4th Annual Stanganelli’s Pepperoni Ball Jog ‘n Hog
June 13, 2015
Race Begins: 8:30am
Presque Isle State Park, Beach #1
REGISTRATION OPENS GROUNDHOG DAY – 2/2/15!
With over 3,000 balls and 300,000 calories consumed over the past 3 years, Erie’s wackiest tradition returns for the fourth installment of the Stanganelli’s Pepperoni Ball Jog ‘n Hog. Quickly becoming a must-do race, the 2015 edition of the Pepperoni Ball Jog ‘n Hog promises to be bigger and better than ever. And we’ve kept all of the same traditions our runners have come to love – the Pace Pig, the hidden $50 bacon balls, the Whole/Half Hogger divisions, and the unique pig trophies. Don’t delay, the earlier you sign up the cheaper the price. You don’t want to miss the all-American spectacle that is Jog ‘n Hog.
To see what a Jog ‘n Hog is all about, check out this video:
***Packet Pickup Info***
1. Friday, June 12 at Oasis Pub (3122 West Lake Road) from 7-9pm.
2. Saturday, June 13 starting at 7:30am, Beach 1. Race begins at 8:30am.
What You Get
1. A four mile run.
2. Jog ‘n Hog racing bib (may use later for crumb removal).
3. Six pepperoni balls for Whole Hoggers, three for Half Hoggers. How many balls can you handle?
4. An awesome t-shirt to declare your gastronomical fitness powers (forfeited if not picked up by race day).
5. I Beat The Pig/The Pig Beat Me sticker. Which will it be?
6. A coupon good for 6 free Stanganelli’s Pepperoni Balls, just in case you’re still hungry.
7. The opportunity to show off your craziness on Facebook, Instagram, Twitter . . .
Form A Team
Recruit your friends, family or co-workers and form a team to have more fun. Get 15 or more people on your team and each team member gets a $5 refund. Teams are limited to 20 members.
Whole Hog or Half Hog?
The gastrointestinally brave can register in the “Whole Hogger Division,” which involves eating six pepperoni balls at the race’s halfway point. Those who are less confident in their eating ability can register in the “Half Hogger Division,” which involves eating three pepperoni balls.
Can I bring my dog?
No, for legal/insurance reasons we cannot allow this, unless they are a service dog.
Can I run with a jogging stroller?
Yes, we just ask that you start towards the back of the crowd.
Are pepperoni balls gluten free?
Do you offer a vegetarian option?
No, but you are welcome to pick out the pepperoni slices, we won’t tell.
This is an out and back course. The race will start at the Beach #1 parking area. Runners will jog 2 miles along scenic beach road, which will be closed to traffic. Eating will take place at the Beach #6 parking area. Participants will then run, walk or waddle back along the same route, finishing at Beach #1.
Have more questions?
Check out our Frequently Asked Questions page, for more answers to your questions.
View Beach #1 in a larger map
Nutrition FactsServing Size: 1 Race